Passport Application Procedure
Effective 02 January 2019, the Manila Economic and Cultural Office will facilitate the issuance or renewal of Philippine passport by appointment. Walk-in applicants will still be accepted but they will only be accommodated if there are no more applicants with appointment for the day. Renewal of passport may be made as early as one (1) year but not later than six (6) months before its expiration date.
Before making an appointment, please check first the MECO business hours and holiday schedules.
To secure an appointment, please follow the following procedure:
- Go to www.meco.org.tw
- Click “Passport Appointment” in the upper right portion of the webpage.
- Click “Register” in the bottom right portion of the log-in box.
- Fill-up all the required information for registration.
- Click “Register” again.
- Read the “Schedule of Appointment” and click the box as a sign of your agreement to the Terms and Conditions of the online appointment facility of MECO.
- Click “Start Individual Appointment”.
- Fill-up the application form.
- Choose your preferred date, time and the MECO office you want to go for your passport application.
- Complete the application form.
- Click “Print Form”
- Bring the application form along with the other requirements on the appointment date and venue.
For the list of requirements, go to www.meco.org.tw, click “Services” and look for “Passport Services”. Click “Types of Passport Applicants”.
If you want to cancel your appointment, sign-in to your account and click the “Appointments” tab located at the left corner. Click “Cancel”.
Only the following persons are not required to secure an appointment when applying for or renewing their passports:
- Senior citizens (60 years old & above)
- Persons with disability.
- Pregnant women.
- Minors seven (7) years old and below with his/her parents and minor siblings.
- Caregivers accompanied by their elderly ward.
Passport Application Schedule:
Morning: 9:00am to 11:30am
Afternoon: 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Morning ONLY: 9:00 am to 11:30am
Sunday: (No Lunch)
9:30 am to 1pm
Passport Releasing Schedule:
Releasing of new passports: 2 weeks - 3 months from the time of renewal
Monday - Thursday ONLY:
1:30pm to 4:30pm
Sunday: (No Lunch)
9:30 am to 1:30pm