The Manila Economic and Cultural Office would like to inform our Filipino migrant workers in Taiwan that the Department of Foreign Affairs – Office of the Undersecretary on Migrant Workers Affairs (DFA-OUMWA) will provide financial assistance for OFWs affected by delayed or cancelled flights brought about by the Xiamen Airlines accident in NAIA last August 16, 2018.
Please answer the application form that can be downloaded on this link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RlPBL3mgJimX4YcgU-iiFBG87NyhtyuT and submit it along with the following attachments:
1. Photocopy of the data page of passport
2. Photocopy of the Philippine immigration stamp showing departure from Manila
3. Photocopy of the plane ticket from Manila to Taiwan
4. Photocopy of the boarding passes from Manila to Taiwan
5. Photocopy of the original airfare booking
6. Photocopy of the employment contract
7. Bank account details where we can remit the financial assistance
Financial assistance claims may be submitted personally to the nearest MECO Office at your location or via email through firstname.lastname@example.org starting TOMORROW, SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 until SEPTEMBER 20, 2018 ONLY.
Please bear in mind that the submission of application for financial assistance does not automatically mean that the applicant will receive financial aid upon submission. The Assistance to Nationals (ATN) office of MECO will examine and verify the documents to determine the eligibility of your claim.
Moreover, only OFWs who experienced delays or cancellations on their travel from Manila to Taiwan are the only ones who can avail the said financial assistance.
Thank you very much.